Cheesecake is a beloved dessert that is perfect for any occasion. If you’re looking for a delicious cheesecake recipe, this Ruth Chris cheesecake recipe is a must-try. This article provides a step-by-step guide to making the perfect dessert. The recipe is easy to follow, and you don’t need any special equipment to make it. The article also provides nutrition facts for those who are conscious of their diet. Additionally, the article provides tips and tricks to elevate the classic Ruth Chris cheesecake recipe.
Ruth Chris Cheesecake Recipe: A Step-by-Step Guide to Making the Perfect Dessert
- A 9-inch springform pan
- A mixer (stand or handheld)
- A spatula
- A large mixing bowl
- A small saucepan
- A food processor (optional)
For the crust
- A generous 1 and a half cups of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- A quarter cup of granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons of melted unsalted butter
For the cheesecake filling
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the sour cream topping
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the caramel sauce (optional)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Step 1: Preheat your oven to 325°F. Grease the springform pan with 6 tsp butter and set aside.
- Step 2: In a small saucepan, melt the butter for the crust over low heat. Transform 1 1/2 cups graham crackers into a delicate powder using a proficient food processor. Add 1/8 cups sugar and melted butter to the graham cracker crumbs and mix until well combined. Exert pressure onto the amalgamation, firmly situating it at the base of the primed springform pan, and leave it aside.
- Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, beat 24 ounces cream cheese until smooth using a mixer. Incorporate 1/8 cups sugar gradually into the mixture, and continue to beat until it transforms into a creamy texture; subsequently, add 5 large eggs one by one, and beat thoroughly after each addition. Mix in 2 egg yolks, 1/3 cups heavy cream, 1 tsp lemon juice, and 1tsp vanilla extract until well combined.
- Step 4: Pour the cheesecake filling into the prepared crust and smooth out the top with a spatula. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the center.
- Step 5: As the cheesecake bakes, blend 1 1/2 cups sour cream, 1 ⅓ cups sugar, and vanilla extract to prepare the topping. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the cheesecake and return it to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Step 6: Once the cheesecake is done baking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate the cheesecake for a minimum of 4 hours or preferably overnight, to allow it to chill.
- Step 7: (Optional) To make the caramel sauce, combine 1 cups sugar and 1/4 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar dissolves and the mixture turns amber in color. Remove from heat and whisk in 1/2 cups heavy cream and 1tsp salt.
As for the nutrition facts, one serving of this cheesecake (1/12th of the recipe) contains approximately 515 calories, 46g of fat, 19g of carbohydrates, and 8g of protein
Variations on Ruth Chris Cheesecake: How to Customize this Classic Recipe to Your Taste
- To begin with, let’s explore some flavor variations. The original recipe is undeniably delicious, but there’s always room for experimentation. You can try adding your favorite flavors and mix-ins to the basic recipe to make it uniquely yours. Some fantastic options are chocolate chips or chopped nuts for that delightful crunch, a touch of lemon zest for a zingy and refreshing taste, or even strawberry puree for a fruity twist.
- Next up, let’s talk about crust variations. While the traditional graham cracker crust is a classic, it’s always fun to switch things up. You can try an Oreo cookie crust for an indulgent chocolatey delight, or an almond flour crust for a gluten-free and nutty base. Alternatively, crushed pretzels or coconut flakes can add a unique and exciting texture to your crust.
- Finally, let’s discuss topping variations. The topping options for cheesecake are endless and can add an extra layer of flavor to your creation. You can try a sweet fruit compote such as raspberry or blueberry, drizzle it with caramel sauce for an indulgent treat, or keep it simple with a dollop of freshly whipped cream or a dusting of powdered sugar.
Elevating the Ruth Chris Cheesecake Recipe: Tips and Tricks to Take Your Dessert to the Next Level
- To start, presentation is key when it comes to creating an impressive dessert. One can make their cheesecake more visually appealing by adding a sprinkle of powdered sugar or garnishing it with fresh fruit. This adds an elegant touch and highlights the flavors of the cheesecake. Alternatively, one can use a piping bag to create decorative swirls or rosettes of whipped cream that add a delicate and sophisticated touch.
- Next, mastering the baking technique is crucial to achieving a perfect cheesecake. A water bath is an expert tip that will prevent the cheesecake from cracking and ensure it bakes evenly. This method involves placing the cheesecake pan in a larger pan filled with water, which helps regulate the temperature and prevents cracking. After baking, allow the cheesecake to cool gradually in the oven by propping open the door slightly, which prevents it from cracking and enhances its creamy texture.
- Lastly, to make your cheesecake feel like a dessert fit for royalty, you can pair it with a glass of port or serve it alongside a scoop of vanilla ice cream. The richness of the port perfectly complements the creamy cheesecake, while the ice cream adds a velvety texture and enhances its sweetness. Additionally, you can serve the cheesecake with fresh berries, which lend a pop of color and a burst of freshness.
This Ruth Chris cheesecake recipe provides an easy-to-follow guide to making a delicious cheesecake. The article provides suggestions for flavor, crust, and topping variations, as well as tips and tricks for presentation and serving. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a beginner, this article is a great resource for making a perfect cheesecake that will wow your guests. Discover more about the article above by contacting Simply Mithai.